Thursday, July 14, 2011

RTMS: Or, the "He Who Smelt It Dealt It" Quest

Obtaining the recipe for dark iron bars is made so much more difficult when I don't actually read all of the instructions. If I had taken the time to just read, READ, and make a quick plan, it would have been a lot less painful.

Anyway, if you are leveling up a blacksmith, and you would like to get the recipe for dark iron bars, make sure you bring:

  • 10 Truesilver bars
  • 20 Gold bars
  • 2 Star rubies
  • Boatload of dark iron ore stacks, about 304 or 15.2 stacks of 20. 
And, if you actually want to make anything with those dark iron bars, you will need 8 dark iron ores/1 dark iron bar. For a dark iron pulverizer, you will need 18 dark iron bars (144 dark iron ore stacks) and for the dark iron plate you will need 20 dark iron bars (160 dark iron stacks).

I had none of this on me, was kicked off the bus for not having exact change, and had to start over. More than once, mainly because I got thrown off the side by Lord Incindus when I wasn't looking (lucky shot), forgot to pull the lever, and even though I handled myself supremely in the bar fight, got drunk on Sulfurion Slammers and wandered off into lava.

Know your tithe quota: This is the dude. Put the stuff in the bowl to his left. Keep talking to him. Carry on.
Luperci has the skills, but never did have the energy to get enough dark iron bars. She noticed that Conjuring* was selling a stack for over 300 gold, and from that experience, the cost/benefit analysis almost seemed worth it.

 This is the place where you smelt it, but there is a fire elemental you must kill first. 
*Yes, I cleaned out my bags. Don't judge.


But, there was an adventure in that misadventure, and it was kind of fun, more fun than going to the store for brownie mix and finding the brownie mix exactly where it's supposed to be, and making sure I have enough eggs and oil to bake them with: not sure the results are as tasty, but sometimes the quest is the entertainment, and the boon secondary.


*A mysterious level 1 character who just seems to sing Beatles' songs in trade chat and make stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!