Thursday, June 23, 2011

Horny toads.

Well, gee. Guild recruiting.

Everybody dance now.


A few days ago, I read a blog posting about how important it is to have potential guild applicants fill out a application.

It made me kind of laugh: I thought of how I joined RWS, and what my initial "title" was (I had to ask someone what it meant), and for the most part, I have been really happy. I say for the most part, because there was one moment, when I finally got the Long Strange achievement someone made a comment that I didn't appreciate, even though I am sure this comment was unintentionally painful. (As Isa and other of my WoW friends know, I do have shamanistic rage-issues - quick to anger, but it dissipates quickly.)

Recently, there have been two recruits who may have benefited from a vetting process. The guild didn't offer what they needed, and it wasn't a good fit. No harm, no foul.

Both young gentlemen are teenagers, young stags putting a lot of their energy in Azeroth, and maybe not in, um, girls. They took their play time very seriously (that sounds like an oxymoron), and were fairly typical as teenagers go: know everything, or think they do.

Segue to an anecdote our officer told about a very persistent frog who has been parked outside her window for weeks, an extremely annoying amphibian. And I guess, when we all thought of the young love-seeking frog, it made us think of the the young men who spent a lot of time in guild chat asking questions, trashing other players, and generally being dissatisfied. A lot of croaking.

Advice: Go find a girl. That's what the frog is doing. No application necessary.

Postscript: I can handle questions and genuine "how do I do this, or let's try this." It was the trash talking that got to me. Not. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!