Thursday, February 24, 2011

I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.

Jessica Rabbit in a reflective moment...

Resolved: To stop apologizing for my DPS performance. This is it. I'm tired of the analysis, the exhaustive search for the perfect talent tree, the rearranging of glyphs (dust of disappearance is making me sneeze), and the gearing up. The point-of-truth is: I may never be the "perfect player." Not competitive with others by nature, it was never my intent to battle and play while having recount scores thrown at me. I always just thought, wrongly I've been told, that it was about having fun, learning, and gaining skills. But it's not: it's all about the numbers, or all about being #1. Well, buddy, we can't all be diva ballerinas - some of us have to wear the goose feathers while others are the swans.

And for the record: while an enhancement shaman may be scoffed at, patronized, pitied or poked, I can still get the job done and look damn good while doing it.

We can never totally understand why players choose the mains they do, (or do the mains choose them?). It's like trying to understand a marriage or relationship ("what does he see in her?"). What does Jessica really see in Roger?  It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma topped with secret sauce. Give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!