Sunday, February 26, 2012

Filed under "S" for Stupid

Skillet blushes...and pretends to read this book
Kharanos, February 26, 2012
Pixie Proppagannapusher, Gnomeregan Gnews

An unknown female Dwarf was recently identified as one "Ironskillet" of Dun Morogh. From all reports, she was a stalwart little paladin, prone to moments of prudishness and dire stupidity. Apparently she was on a mission to use the Viewpoint Equalizer and had successfully shrank five Frostmane Trolls, and defeated their leader, Bartok the Beserker, when she was overcome by greed and stopped to look in a nearby chest for booty and swag. Two Frostmane Trolls attacked her, and unfortunately, her Stoneform was on cooldown. "She tried to run," reported one Mac McGunnystuff, a local Dwarf rifleman, "but, aye, with those squat legs of hers, she couldn'a run too fast." No charges have been brought against the Trolls, as they reported it was in self-defense, and local witnesses confirmed.

She is survived by her Bind-On-Account pet, Gryphon Hatchling.

Skillet grabs a few handfuls of graveyard dirt for luck and protection...

Too scared to try to kill this silver yeti...

Talk about foreshadowing...

DAMMIT!
*heartbreak*

Yes, yes I do.

Not sure I'm cut out for this. I now have to go and clean out her bags, etc. and put her to rest. I asked those around me to give me a moment to myself. Skillet, we hardly knew ya. Next time I'm going with a long-legged Draenei or lithe Elf.

But seriously -- I don't really know if I can handle this emotional trauma. It made me way too cautious to have any fun at all. I love all the parameters of this but that one. But, hey, no more looking in chests. Should have made a clean get-away.

*Postscript: I must admit though, for the first time in a while, I felt that inner "gasp" that I felt when I first started playing. Going to try it again.



7 comments:

  1. (Don't tell anyone, but I did cry a little bit.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be on the look-out for Ironnskillet, a red-haired cousin with perhaps a bit more spunk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Think I had more fun writing her newstory than actually playing her...but I'm trying again!

      Delete
  4. Oh no Skillet!!! I will remember her with poor Ironadilla who couldn't take the stress. It definitely brings back the feeling of your first character. Mine was an inadvertent Ironman up until her 30's since she bought armor from the vendors as she didn't know any better, lol!

    I will anxiously await the arrival of her cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, poor Skillet! Ironavie totally understands.... I felt so ... shocked and horrifed when it happened... and I would look out for Ironnskillet except I have no idea what server that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Navi. It was kind of crazy, watching that health bar drop, and knowing the end was near.....run, Skillet, RUN! But alas - c'est la guerre.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!