Friday, October 12, 2012

The Story of Ferdinand

This entire expansion is my "Once upon a time" place. I love it, even if some of these stories end in tragedy.

My elite rare signal went off, and I found this sweet yak sleeping under a honeybee tree in the Jade Forest:

I tiptoed up to him, and was considering what to do. He was there, sleeping. He seemed harmless. And -- his name was Ferdinand. Ferdinand is the story of a gentle bull who only wants to smell flowers, and not harm a soul.  But of course, other players did not know the legend of Ferdinand, only seeing silver frames, and swooped down to kill him:


No wonder why I was in a funk last night.

I was reading Navi's blog earlier, and she has this story: http://frostwolves.blogspot.com/2012/10/blizzard-does-its-prevent-mindless.html

As I am sharing my tale of meeting Ferdinand the yak, allusion to Ferdinand the Bull, young leet druid asks me if I killed him, and I said, no - he seemed so sweet sitting there amongst the flowers, and no matter how close, no aggro or harm was intended. I asked the player who did tag-and-bag Ferdinand what he dropped, and of course, just some basic stuff.

I am proud I didn't feel the need to kill him. Maybe someday down the road I'll be stuck in a bad spot, and Ferdinand will repay the kindness. Oh, that melee spells you see up there? That's because once rousted, Ferdinand indeed was mighty pissed off at both of us. I'm nice, but there were repair bills to consider.

5 comments:

  1. /shifty eyes

    Did I see Ferdinand? Huh ... I might have ... did I leave him in good health? Oh sorry, must be off, have to make fish cakes for my cloud serpent, see you later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay - who knows? He probably needed killing...! :) LOL

      Delete
  2. Ah Matty, you big softy. Just like me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since the start of MoP having with me the NPC scan I'd encountered a lot of rares, but the most sad part is that the drops are BoPs. :/ In the other hand, the first rare I saw killed me in one shock at Jade Forest didn't knew he was a rare and the addon was outdated. haha Those guys hits my NElf Moonkin like trucks.

    Btw, what's the name of the action bar addon you use because I would like to have one to see everything more clearly and organized than WoW's old action bar/ui.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Bartender for my action bar - I love it. The UI issue I am having now though is too many alts and too many MS/OS; in other words, not happy when I switch to healing spec, etc. That is one of my projects this week is to take another look at Grid/Healbot.

      There is a lot of visual noise in the game in general; my experiences in LFR last night underscored this, too. We all have pretty spells that put a lot of puddles on the ground, and then wonder why healers get annoyed with us for standing in bad. But this is a post for another time!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!