Sunday, July 21, 2013

Dornaa saves the day...

 There are many quest lines that are heartbreaking--the loss of Gwennyth Bly'Leggonde, Theramore and its shattering losses, heck, I'm still not over Woo Ping. Never will be. But as the Pandarens say, "Enough of that!" I want us to put our collective noggins together for the cutest, happiest, sappiest quests in the game.

One of my favorite places in Azeroth is the little-known Tainted Forest. I am sure I've written about it before: it's truly a fairy-tale place -- dark, lurking, haunted, and spectacular. It's one of those zones I'm sure the artists at Blizzard had fun designing, but never quite got off the ground, perhaps it's one of those "in between expansion zones" that no one needs to go to in order to level. (Cause it's all about the leveling isn't it?) One of the most darling of all quest is "The Future of the Rockpool" quest. Baby murlocs are on what appears to be an aquarium crate, most likely holding bad doings of naga spawn, and while fighting off naga of all sorts, and kicking down false idols of snakey Azshara's, you tug this little group along until you find a moment to get them off to the sea. Granted, there are also flaming crabs that will pinch and bite you along the way too.

They...are adorable.


So fellow bloggers: what are the most adorable, darling quests you can think of? I know Navi's heart melts with Lunk, but are there others that are just too damn cute to pass up? I mean really, how could you say no to this face?

Postscript: Made this a BlogAzeroth shared topic.

7 comments:

  1. Going to have to think about this one. I tend towards the sad quests which leave me with a lump in my throat and a desire to hurt people (mostly Orcs in pvp).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that tendency as well, and of late, it's been really getting in the way. My heart and tummy hurt all the time, and I am running out of tissues. Those baby murlocs, though I have done this quest before, just made me stop and smell the fishscales, you know? :)

      Delete
  2. I'm sure there have been cute quests but I just don't remember, the quests that stay with me are the Pamela Redpath quests in Eastern Plaguelands. I guess I'm like Erinys, the emotional ones stay with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I was just thinking of Pamela the other day; she's definitely in my top three saddest quests...:( But - there's gotta be some good news out there, right? Somewhere? :)

      Delete
  3. I can only remember sad ones! Like kicking the depressed panda back to town in Krasarang. Gosh, that one make me feel awful.

    Thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dahakha22.7.13

    The closest I can get to a cute quest is the ones in WPL where you help that poor troll learn how to be a druid. The bear and cat ones were always pretty adorable.

    There are two others though that immediately spring to mind. One is the Uldum daily to smash the pygmies. That sound is one of the few that can make me giggle pretty much every time.

    But the cutest thing I have seen in game is Helpful Wikky. His dialogue when you summon him and when he leaves and returns is just...it never fails to make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! I forgot about him - he is fun, I remember! But apparently this question has proven somewhat of a challenge...maybe the writers at Blizz need to provide more 'save the day' moments for us players?

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!