Saturday, March 3, 2012

Azeroth's Next Top Plate Models: Results


Best-in-Show, Alliance:


Best-in-Show, Horde:

Evening Gown Competition:
Kamalia

Less-is-More Swimsuit:
Luperci

Profession/Talent:
Luperci

Miss Congeniality: (Face-in-your-Mob):

My shout-out: Estheriot, you have completely, totally changed my mind about Worgen females. Absolutely gorgeous!

Comments about Face-in-Mob:
All of Azalpha's outfits look very badass!
3/2/2012 1:24 PM
Dancing Tree's outfit is very practical and all business -- she looks like if she hit you, she'd *mean* it. :)
3/2/2012 9:43 AM
Bias - it's my husband XD Otherwise it's a toss up between Effy or Fabulor
3/2/2012 8:04 AM
Because he's so damn fabulous.
3/2/2012 6:34 AM
Fabulor has the best poses, showing off his beauty to perfection!
3/2/2012 5:23 AM
Anyone that "perfect" needs their hair ruffled by an angry mob (possibly with pitchforks and torches).
3/2/2012 4:48 AM
Because he's just fabulous.
3/2/2012 4:00 AM
Blood elves are more badass than people give them credit for. And you can't possibly expect FABU to smash his face into anything ;)
3/1/2012 9:52 PM

Overall Comments:

Very fun 'contest' - love the thought behind all the outfits :)
3/2/2012 8:04 AM
I want to vote for them all!!!!!!
3/2/2012 6:34 AM
Fabulor is my favourite overall,
3/2/2012 5:23 AM
Loved all the entries and it made me slightly sad that I didn't have a suitable candidate to enter myself.
3/2/2012 4:48 AM
They were all so good! And I must say Fabulor's swimsuit poses were hilarious!
3/1/2012 11:49 PM
Cmon now, how could you expect me to vote for anything other than FABU?
3/1/2012 9:52 PM
Just a great idea that I'd love to see done again with the much discussed Leather & Lace. As for the contestants, nearly all took completely different approaches and brought unique looks to the table. Very awesome.
3/1/2012 9:25 PM
These are wonderful!
3/1/2012 8:53 PM

What I learned: 
If there were more contestants, it would have taken me a very long time to figure out the metrics: there has to be a better way for voting, etc., possibly by doing the obvious: creating one category, and one submission. I love themes, so the old principle, KISS, would apply. Fifteen respondents, and I hope for more next time. 

Most people understand tongue-in-cheek, but some don't. Thanks for the mention on MMO.

Editor's Notes: In my quest for images, I came across these websites that are, well, pretty damn cool:
http://www.darkhorse.com/
http://www.mrtop10.com/top_10_unsual_world_festivals-3542 *If Japanese grandmas have no issue with this, why should you?



9 comments:

  1. Oh, wow -- I figured that with all those other lovely gowns out there, my rather plain Astralaan Robe didn't stand a chance! *blush*

    Big congrats to Effy, FABU, and Luperci for their wins, also! **tossing bouquets**

    This was super fun, Matty. If you do do the "Leather & Lace" version, I'll have to put together something for that, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was fun. If you get a chance, e-mail your thoughts on a Leather & Lace one - leather wearers, obviously, but any other thoughts on theme?

      Delete
  2. Well, Effraeti has already run off to fill her slaying quota, and has left me to graciously accept on her behalf. Thank you, Matty, for hosting such a fun competition, and thank you to everyone who voted! It was a lot of fun dressing up my DK.

    My Druid is giving me the nod that if there is a Leather and Lace competition, she would like to participate. :)

    ~ Effy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done and done - I'll see what I can do! It may be more of a biker-chick theme - taking all suggestions!

      Delete
  3. Oh, that was fun! Do it again! I love being the audience for all your clever transmoggers! And I so loved JD's Predator outfit, can't wait to see what comes next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5.3.12

    Thanks for the kind words.

    Indeed, the Worgen female has grown on me as well. I really wasn't a fan at the launch of the expansion. Course, now I have to level her and try and make that pink outfit. >_<

    JD
    (PS, seriously WHY CAN I NOT POST UNDER MY ID????)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same trouble on other blogs - I do not know. Sometimes Wordpress and Blogger speak, and sometimes they don't.

    Can't wait to see the "pretty in pink" combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for putting on this fun event! I had a really enjoyable time playing around in WoW Model Viewer, putting together outfits. :D

    Rades (Fabulor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rades, your momma raised you right. Thank you so much (I'm swimming in a sea of ingratitude at the moment, and I really appreciate it!)

      I may be pulling together another here soon, just as long as they don't deteriorate into wet T-shirt contests!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!