Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Drinks with Dwarfs, revisited

Navi and JD turned my focus to a blog, Pretty Fly for a Draenei, and I thought to myself, da-ammm, because one of the very first WoW videos I ever watched was this one, and it came across in my search: Pretty Fly. Seemed heavily influenced by arcane magic and Blood Elves, but hey, pretty clever!


Now, I must admit, I looked over their blog-roll, and most of the time it does not bother me that Sugar & Blood is not represented, but Pretty, if you do see fit, you should know that the Draenei girls here in this neck of the galaxy are indeed, quite fly. 

I don't know what it is about them- I find myself now with a shaman, priest, paladin, mage, hunter, used to have a Death Knight, another shaman, and believe me, if my warlock could turn the other tail-cheek, she would be one, too. But alas---and we all know how I feel about Draenei rogues. Come on, Blizz! I made hoof-mufflers!

In any case, recently I put together something for Mataoka to show her faction pride, but I feel that my tableaus need too much explanation at times.




Matty and the guard share a moment, pondering an uncertain future...
(IC people) Matty loves Dwarfs. She does. And they love her. Their loyalty to kith and kin are familiar to her, and though they seem gruff, it is nothing she is not used to from her grandfather's rough but kind ways. And they offer her something she never found with the Draenei - true enjoyment in life, and courage. Though her ancestors and family have plenty of courage, and have faced many hardships, sometimes, she hates to admit, this has made them a somewhat melancholy race; Dwarfs, however, just pat her on her backside and give solid, earth-bound advice. Here she is standing with a Dun Morogh guard, with her cub, Ironforge tabard, and Tankard O'Terror, cause, you got to love a girl who can hold her brew. The leggings match the armor of the guard, and her molten niello boots remind her of the fires of Ironforge. Her shaman helm reminds her of the connection in the elemental powers she and the Dwarfs share, that although others understand these powers, too, to her, the Dwarfs understand the powers of a warm hearth, a cold brew, and breath of spoken truth, and keeping one's feet on the ground is all the fire, water, air, and earth one needs to do magic.


So, Pretty, Draynee, thank you for your fun blog on 'dressing up Draeneis' - you know you have a fan in me.

Postscript Not shown with Brewfest Ram

10 comments:

  1. Hey Matty, I actually came by your blog for the first time today, from JD's blog ;) I was planning on sending you a note, and here you are talking about me instead! That video is one of the my first wow vid's too, as you can see, it inspired me, lol. Anyhow, your Draenei are super fly! Anytime you want to send me pics, I'll put you up on Fly Draenei Friday. Oh, and you can call me Draynee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that video! It was one of the very first ones I ever watched, and knew that playing WoW was more than what I originally thought-! (Understatement of the Year award goes to ....)

      I will see what I can come up with for FDF, but no matter, your blog's great, and so glad to have it as a resource for more Draenei fun!

      Delete
  2. :) I see you on her blogroll! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I can be pushy sometimes! (But thanks Draynee!)

      Delete
  3. Anonymous23.8.12

    Hehe, Kindred spirits indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We of the Hooven and Horn persuasion need to stick together!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous23.8.12

    You should submit this to Neri Approves for this month's Mog contest (faction pride). Alas, with the bathroom and Mogolympics I never even got to farm the pieces I needed for my Tauren DK.

    Also, Draenei Warlocks and Rogues? Please no. Never. It's even more flawed than Goblin and Worgen DK's. Yes, my rant is over...and I'm a lore douche.

    I have a Draenei Shaman, and a male Hunter. I suspect a female Paladin to join Team Amateur come the fall. Apparently the team is putting together another recruiting drive, while some younger members seem intent on retiring from battle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had grand conversations with both sides of Blizzard on this one, and you may be a "lore douche," but there are many who feel that the lore is written capriciously at times, and since that is the case, why not have the ability to write your own script? I think I can make a very strong case for Draenei warlocks, but this will have to come at a future date. As I have been told, "With magic, anything is possible!" But this isn't about a lore decision based on "because I don't like it" but would have solid plot points. I think that's all anyone who loves lore wants--no plot holes to fall through. Probably why I love to write my little fanfic so much--it's in my control, not anyone else's.

      What team are you talking about? i am confused. Your own stable of characters, or is this a team of various players?

      (And, cough...Neri....may have seen this...cough)

      Delete
    2. And, I will be adding a Dranei monk, just to see how she rolls with hooves. Again, with magic makes all things possible!

      Delete
    3. Bah JD! I think Draenei Warlocks are an excellent idea, I've even written my lore explanation as to why.... http://prettyflydraenei.blogspot.com/2012/06/wtb-draenei-warlock.html

      I'd still be hankering for Draenei Rogues if it wasn't for 1. Draenei monks 2. Panda rogues, way cuter than gnomes, lol.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!