Friday, August 3, 2012

Hippie-chic

 Last night, after the sixth bear in Zul I helped someone else get (trying to be patient, trying to be patient, trying to be patient...but damn, I'm starting to feel very Amish farmwife--feed the menfolks first, children, and then the women get to eat), I went to a friend's house for some henna. She is very talented, and I wish sometimes her artistry was permanent; alas, I am too chicken to get any real tattoos because of my mother's reaction (you are never too old to be afraid of your mother).

But--watching a (dumb) movie, good friend asked if I would like to tag along for Molten Core, and indeed I would! Been wanting to do some bargain-basement shopping for Momo, and she found many beautiful things! I'm in full agreement with Tome on this one - it's a great place to get all kinds of great shabby-chic vintage items, with a minimum of fuss and mana. It helps to have a warrior buddy pushing through all the mobs and monsters, and just stand there and toss leaves, too. I've double-boxed it and it is a pain in the tail.

Erinys got an idea from Effraeti about professions. I like herbalism, and especially thinking about it from the perspective of the language of flowers, one could imagine all kinds of uses for the species of collectible plants around Azeroth. As I said in her comment, one could give a bouquet of Twilight Jasmine to indicate lust, or Goldclover for luck. In one of Mataoka's RP memory boxes, there are a few dried flowers. And it's funny: just like real flowers we try to keep and treasure, they crumble and disengrate and turn to ashy flakes. The tangible sentimental objects turn to the intangible. Whoa--didn't mean to take a maudelin turn there, folks. Sorry. Back on track. All happiness and pathchouli! I guess when I read on Twitter yesterday WoW subscribers went down to a single digit in the millions (9.1) it seemed already like old news. I mean, I knew it. If you extrapolate all the bloggers who are leaving, and even friends of mine, and calculate the exponential numbers, sure--there is room now for a few tumbleweeds to blow through the Trade District. But have faith, heroes: things change. Though I am not looking forward to pet battles (which many are, which is great) or WoW's version of Farmville (reminds me of too many people I know on Facebook), there are things I am looking forward to. Not quite sure what at this second, because my muse bought a one-way ticket to  Albuquerque and my silver-tongue is a bit tarnished, but something! Oh wait - maybe it's not so much as somethings, but someones. To the rest of us: thanks for sticking around. I've got a few more stories to tell.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3.8.12

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I love your choice of title, when I wrote my post I was listening to Sandi Thom, "I wish I was a punk rocker". When I was little, I loved my flower press. I still have pansies from our old garden that we pressed before we moved back to Germany and had to live in a city apartment with only window boxes and a balcony instead of a huge garden bordering a wood. Also I have the "lucky" heather my Grandmama sent me when I sat my finals (although I passed with flying colours so maybe there's truth in that). In the long run though, we don't need the objects to have the memories and when we die, well I suppose it's just the physical manifestation of our dreams and memories becoming dust along with the body that imbued them with meaning.

    We need to encourage Faye to start her Herbalism blog though :D (http://the-dancing-tree.com/2012/07/31/shared-topic-custom-fit-professions/)

    I am pleasantly surprised by the Tillers experience on the beta. I'm enjoying it far more than I thought I would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I trust you completely on this, and will keep an open mind. Consider her encouraged (as soon as I can!) and oh... The physical mass of memories!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!