Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fat Bottom Girls

I asked JD's permission if I could post my own variation of the Mogolympics' entries after others are published. The entries for the cyclying event were very Sturgis-inspired (and I thought this long before reading others' comments and observations). I have many friends, women in fact, who ride, and ride to Sturgis. leather-clad mommas who have found freedom from the mundane on their very own Harleys. That's awesome. But my interpretation of Olympics-inspired cycling was much more Tour De France than Tour De South Dakota. Perhaps I was thinking more of the Fremont Festival Solstice Parade, which I have mentioned before: (Not safe for work!? Heck! Take it to the streets!)




You may not care for this ensemble one bit--that's fine. And that's what I would like to tell all the entrants of Mogolympics. Every single one of you did a great job. Every single one of you spent time doing something you enjoy doing. You may think the use of the spinning fist weapon silly, but I love it. Momokawa looks like she's ready to fly on her bicycle.  And isn't that what we all want to do? Just fly away sometimes? 



7 comments:

  1. Anonymous16.8.12

    hehe, that was cute.

    BTW, have you seen the new Mists opening cinematic yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left all things MoP at Blizzcon last October, so perhaps it's time to venture back there again!

      Delete
    2. Found some links if anyone is interested:

      http://www.examiner.com/article/mists-of-pandaria-cinematic-has-a-panda-making-monkeys-out-of-a-human-and-orc

      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6968160/Mists_of_Pandaria_Opening_Cinematic_Revealed-8_16_2012

      Delete
    3. ...and damn, this is going to be so cool!

      Delete
    4. Anonymous16.8.12

      oh I should have said I did a post about the cinematic :)

      Delete
  2. Oh no! You woke my Shaman up! She wants that spinning fist! I told her to just watch the video and pretend it's hers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well here is the good news: though shamans can equip fist weapons they shouldn't - maces and axes, baby (or staffs, or daggers and off-hands, of course) so your Druid is perfectly free to go out there and get extra claws! I love weapons that do stuff --the gadgety things! Grand fun

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!