Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Transmogolympics: Frisbee Fanfare!



Woohoo! The Discus Results are in! And Khizzara has created a fantastic narrative!

Toss your shield this way: http://blogofthetreant.wordpress.com/2012/08/21/mogolympics-discus-event-results

I'm still not clear on who won what, because I lost track of the yardage, etc. but damn, they were all winners to me! I am especially fond of those who just equipped a shield, because using other weapons for a discus throw kind of confused me. (Think I am the only one who felt this way, and I kept it to myself.)

I was sitting here thinking, though, why would there be a sport where you need to throw a plate really far? And of course, stupid, it's because of shields! All games are essentially war games - we play to compete and fight. One of the first attacks Lupe has is slamming her shield into a mob! Maybe she'd be a better paladin if she was more concerned with her aggro than her purple pauldrons. Perhaps.

One thing I have noticed is what I feared would happen - in comments, etc. participants are starting to question/ponder or have concerns over choices of materials, or judges' views, etc. All I will say is remember it's all in fun, and I believe JD's intent was to share some great ideas around a fun theme.

Oh- Cymre posted these fabulous looks! http://www.bubblesofmischief.com/2012/08/22/mogolympics-begins/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!