Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dear Matty...

If anyone ever acted like this in most guilds, I know what the Guildmasters would do:
http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/05/09/officers-quarters-when-raiders-hold-your-guild-hostage/


I'm going to go out on a termite-infested limb here, but I suspect one of these players may be female. That may be sexist of me...no, it is sexist. I'll call it. If 40% of players in WoW are female,  and there are a few lonely bachelors out there, and the potential for "fan boy meets geek girl" is fairly high. Sharing common interests, insights, and conversation is indeed a heady aphrodisiac. Most of the time, or least I hope, time spent in WoW results in good friendships, a chance to break away from the responsibilities of the real world, and the personified ogres, trolls, and goblins that stand ready to bait and pinch us when we hit the harsh pavement each day. Geek girls have power. And most of the time, they use it for good, and not evil.


The first comment from Khoonda says: "There's plenty of Good DPS that aren't jerks out there just waiting for a raid slot don't give these people any more power if they leave yea it'll hurt the raid for a bit but it'll remove some fatal poison from your guild. Give them an inch they'll take a mile."


Love hurts. Unrequited love sucks. But just as there are a lot of good DPS players out there who are vying for a raid slot, there are great and good potential mates out there, too. Sometimes love is like the club that doesn't want you for a member, and when it does, you don't want to join.



Dear Matty:
I am crazy about this Blood Elf girl, but she has solidly put me in the 'friend zone." I can't take it anymore, and it's driving me to drink. What should I do?
Lonely-nights Night Elf


Dear Lonely:
If someone has put you in the 'friend zone,' you know what? That's not such a bad thing. I am still friends with elves with whom I had to put in the friend zone. The chemistry just wasn't there. We've all moved on, and enjoy each others' Christmas cards. However--this caveat: don't languish in the friend zone. Move on. 


So, ladies and gentlemen, I'd be happy to offer advice and insight on matters of the heart, but be warned: you may not like what I have to say. The cliche of 'life is too short' is true, and there are plenty of good dps out there who aren't jerks. Find one for your own raid slot and don't waste your time on divas, male or female.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!