Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Surreal world after all.


Mat...you're not in Kansas anymore...

Took this screen shot a few weeks ago -- just one of those moments when I stopped, and just looked. It's very Salvador Dali, isn't it? Wouldn't be surprised if there's a melting clock or scary egg around somewhere. (I'm not a big Dali fan, but his art is engaging, or at least memorable.)
Geopoliticus Child Watching the Birth of the New Man (1943/Dali)


There is a plenty of fan-based art out there, too. Today, for the first time in years, I started sketching an idea I had for a post--it's been a long time since I've broken out the vine charcoals and sketchpad, and I'm a bit rusty. DeviantArt is a great source for fan art, of all calibers. Perusing the artists' visions of draenei, I came across these two:

DiosaWoW: Draenei sitting in Bear Tree

Arsenal21: Draenei Female Paladin (professional Blizz artist)

This is sexy and beautiful: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=draenei#/d2soxme
Some of the art is pretty awful, and seem even borders on velvet-Elvis-sad-clown-face bad, but hey, if it sparks some creativity, it can't be the worst thing in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!