Saturday, November 26, 2011

Hey, that looks a lot like Ice Crown...

/sigh

Getting my righteous geek on means having a marathon of the LOTR series this Thanksgiving weekend, and I realize once again the true lord and master of fantasy: Tolkien.*

*Although I am pretty sure he'd roll over in his grave if he imagined two troll-masked punks taking over a monastery...

Liv Tyler galloping like an angel away from the Nazgul like she owes them money across the New Zealand, err, Middle Earth countryside still gets my heart racing, even though I know how it ends. It never matters. The great stories ensnare us and don't set us free until it's over, and it's never really over.

Anyway-- can't wait: http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/11/peter-jackson-geeks-out-on-3-d-in-latest-hobbit-video/


Theme video: Get your swoon on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!