Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Muse of Fire



O! for a Muse of fire, that would ascend



The brightest heaven of invention...


Shakespeare/Henry V
Roaring Fires and Cheery Embers




Dragging Magadora through her initial road of trials, as many do under level 15, questing my through the narrative. Part of the entertainment, at least for me, is to go impulsively forward, technique be damned. I decided to make her a fire mage, because  I've seen plenty of frost mages, and heard that arcane was powerful, so why not do something a little different and maybe noob-challengeriffic? The wise advice was yes, fire was fun, but beware of incendiary quick deaths. 


As fall blusters and chills toward winter, leveling a fire mage sounds, well, warm. I may leave the questing behind for a while and start the dungeon grinds....but I'm not sure. And I know why.


I had crazy insomnia this morning, with this nagging sense of "What next?" For the first time in years, I felt I had no clear path ahead of me, which was both incredibly relieving and daunting. Since my shaman is in limbo in terms of raiding, and my tank is still fighting hoof-and-mouth disease, maybe I'll take my time with this mage, because playing with fire can be dangerous. 


When I feel like this I realize there are cures. Clean something. Throw things away. And cook. Luckily for me, this is the season of light, fire, and renewal. 


And I'm now on book two of the Game of Thrones series, finished my first attempt at a little longer story (please...would someone tell me that you didn't hate it? I know it's not great, but just a little love my way, please?), and all is well. Anyone got a match? If you want me to set any future manuscripts on fire, bring your own flint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!