Saturday, November 5, 2011

Protection.

Got your back.
There is a fine distinction between laziness and loyalty.

If I ran a guild, a ten-man raiding guild, what would it be like? I don't know. Perhaps it would be similar to Vidyala's (Manalicious)--but that takes work, time, trial-and-error, etc. I know that there are a few friends I have in Azeroth, and if I could clone some of them, or assemble a ten-man team out of two, that would be wonderful. Alas, I am not a puppeteer, and can barely control the strings on that hapless shaman. As it is, the guild I am in now is wonderful, but there is not a lot of room for variety. The loyalty of steady members comes at a cost for newer players, sort of like tenure. It's only a problem when one doesn't have it. The upside is, I don't have to worry about the headaches of running a guild, and the inherent silliness that occurs when you get more than two players in a room.

Perhaps I am thinking about this because I sit with some time to play today, and I know I need to drag Lupe out of her tank-funk. The last heroic dungeon "she" was in was on October 20. Distracted by Hallow's End, and a hefty lack of confidence, I just haven't had the nerve to queue up for a dungeon run. The thing is -- and I will never learn my lesson on this -- I don't like to tank alone. I like to know that I have a healer on my side, and amazing DPS in my pocket. I wish that in my dream guild there was an alt-night, a night for mains/progression, and a "let's just do shots and not give a damn" night. (Oh wait, that is also called "Tuesday.")

So--I will get back on the metaphorical horse once again, and get my tank on. Being the "Most Beautiful Tank in Azeroth" is a tough title to keep, and doesn't get the chaos orbs.
1% Milk Buff


And--this was really the point of this post anyway --I do like to offer my protection, and I am very grateful for those who bless and protect me. Recently a few guardian angels have offered the right words, at the right time, and lifted my spirits. Hope to do the same.

Film clip: Pedro offers you his protection.

Postscript: That wasn't so bad. But still didn't win the chaos orb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!