Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fuzzy...

Okay, enough whining about not understanding theorycrafting.

I'm good at other things - friendships, and baking French Vanilla cupcakes at 10PM. Oh, and finding strange things on the Internet - when doing some research for Ironyca's post, I came across this image:

How would you like to be taking out the trash and find this on your trashcan?

That...thing...and yes, it has a mother, whom I am sure loved it...is a coconut crab. And when I went to look for it again, and Google'd 'coconut crab' its image was linked to images of very big...coconuts, too. Kudos to the purveyors of those other coconuts to use a commonly searched-for image to peddle their wares, too. You're on your own with this one.


But in my "I am not hit-capped-yet-and-way-over-on-my-expertise" funk, Navi popped into my world for a screenshot! Delightful!! As sweet as a cupcake and nutty as happy squirrel, she made my morning! I summoned her, hopped on my Sandstone, and away we flew to a big white tree in Crystalsong...did you know when you land on those limbs, they sway? Did not know that. Just like I didn't know those crabs existed...and landwalk.

Theme Song: I've Got A Lovely Bunch of Coconuts



16 comments:

  1. OMG that pic is so scary! I didn't know crabs were that big???

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Now that is scary! Geez, real life is way scarier than WoW lol!

    I did not know that. Well that means a trip to stand on a branch and sway in the wind is coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Birgus latro, http://www.iucnredlist.org/apps/redlist/details/2811/0, is indeed very real. He is made to crack nuts. No, not yours, coconuts.I love that he is also known as the Robber Crab...he, sure he thinks those nuts are his! Leave his coconuts alone! But daaammmm--if I saw that on my garbarge can I would poop...well, you know. The worst encounter I ever had was a family of raccoons who looked both guilty and entitlted one fall evening by my garbage cans...there would be an epic pet battle! Raccoons versus Coconut Crabs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeep!
    He looks kind of like a makrura, but I bet he's not as easy to kill as one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I looked up 'makura' and came up with images of Asian women and ..... pillows. Not sure that's what you meant...lol!

      Delete
    2. Oh, goodness... that is not at ALL what I meant! I was thinking of the big lobster-like NPCs in WoW (e.g., http://www.wowhead.com/npc=6020), the ones that the Magical Crawdad is a mini version of.

      Delete
    3. Sure, sure, Kam...! You know, this Internet thing is a wondrous thing indeed! LOL! Thank you for the clarification --too darn funny!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous17.7.12

    Holy Bejebbies. That thing is HUGE!

    I did know about the trees but it still makes for an interesting pic.

    There are so many bloggers that I have yet to meet in-game, inc. you :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an undead warlock lurking 'round one of the Oceanic servers in Navi's guild, so I should be "digging her up soon!" Come on by Whisperwind anytime! I love to give tours!

      Delete
  6. That... that picture is terrifying, it really is.

    I'd get the shotgun, and if the cops come and complain, I'd tell 'em to stuff it, that thing is shooting material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fairly certain our second amendment covers the shooting of coconut crabs with the "THATTHINGWASHUGE" defense. Would hold up in any court, I have no doubt!

      Delete
  7. OMG biggest darn crab I've ever seen!!
    Hubby just said, "Man that's huge!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous18.7.12

    I represent the people who would do the following upon discovering that creature:

    1.) RUN AWAAAAY!
    2.) Come back and poke it with a stick. Does it move?
    3.) OH GOD! BACK UP.
    4.) Poke it again!
    5.) Conclude that is alive and creepy. Hop from one foot to another.
    6.) But I really gotta take out the trash. Maybe I can poke it OFF the trashcan. /poke /poke /poke /poke
    7.) SHRIEK WHEN IT FALLS AND JUMP AWAY
    8.) Wait for a couple minutes to determine what direction it is going to move, then /poke it some more
    9.) SHRIEK WHEN THE CRAB STEALS THE STICK
    10.) Find another stick
    11.) Nudge the trashcan away from the crab
    12.) Put the trash in the trashcan
    13.) RUN AWAAAAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have the makings of a great Raid Leader....as long as on step #9 the crab does not hit you with said stick, all should go well--!

      (laughing my head off, btw)

      Delete
    2. That is brilliant !

      Delete
    3. Oh that was great!!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!