Sunday, July 15, 2012

You're traveling into another dimension...


I am tripping out over the paradox of a virtual fantasy world having its own virtual fantasy lore within its lore; logically, I shouldn't be surprised that we who live in this alternative universe/reality would also create sub-plots and layers of fiction. Here in our own existence, we have four dimensions: time, length, width, depth, and a confetti of stories to celebrate them together, explain the unexplainable, or manufacture science from legends. Ironyca ponders the urban legends in Azeroth:

http://ironyca.wordpress.com/2012/07/16/myths-and-urban-legends-in-wow-the-secret-cellar/

If the gobbling Prince does indeed have a wine cellar, perhaps he'll share some of his good stuff, or perhaps he's saving that for a special occasion*. Like, when I down Ragnaros. Or, even more unbelievable, get my Real ID to work with some new friends. I smell a conspiracy. And I'd like those bones in cages around the Darkmoon Faire investigated.

*Who am I kidding? He's saving it for the black-market.

Since it's on the Internet, it must be true. Take these with a grain of salt:
http://www.cracked.com/article_15628_the-5-creepiest-urban-legends-that-happen-to-be-true.html

This is also a true story: there is a new NPC, a pet battle trainer, who is also named "Matty." 

My reaction:

Oh, and I also heard a rumor that the Yak mount is going up to 120,000 gold.


Okay. Going to hunt for Bigfoot for a while. Much less terrifying.

7 comments:

  1. It's a sign maybe that you need to be doing pet battles. I know you shudder at the thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only sign I see is going to be a huge picket-sign as I walk back in forth in front of this trainer, and giving him cease and desist papers, haha! Very funny, Navi --too damn funny!

      Delete
    2. I have been sitting here waiting to raid for 30 minutes listening to grown men talk about what pets they plan on battling.

      I am over myself.

      Delete
  2. Geez, Blizzard really is being a blizzbutt to you, first being difficult with your real ID then they make you a battle pet trainer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And what did I ever do to them?! But I think just now, and I mean JUST now, got the real id thing figured out. As for the NPC Pet Battle Trainer...well....

      Delete
  3. Anonymous16.7.12

    LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and something else to "faff" with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkxieS-6WuA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!