Friday, July 6, 2012

Red Carpet Results: wahhh wahhh wahhh.....!

Well, second place is still good, right? But once again, a beautiful, thin, mooncloth-robe wearing Blood Elf triumphs over the mesomorphic Draenei--c'est la guerre, eh Ceniza? It's all in fun, and JD's recommendation of Ceniza in her off-beat attire was a nice surprise. Obiviously I mog for my own silly pastime. But these are no sour grapes, no sirree! I had thought when I spread the word to my guildmates and game buddies that sheesh, I really could be using these powers of persuasion for a better cause. And then it hit me -I would. I made a bet with myself that for every vote I got I would donate a sum of money to a worthy cause. I mentioned this only to JD, because, and he understood immediately, I didn't want Ceniza to become a charity case. I was curious to see what would happen without any influence of that nature.

And, I wasn't sure exactly what cause to donate the money too. Granted I have many causes that I feel deserve my hard-earned coin. But then Neri's dear friend passed, and it become clear.


So: Click here for Results (Congratulations Korla!)

Click here for Dry July

Ceniza's ensemble received twenty-two votes, so for every vote I will donate $5 to Neri's cause. I made the donation to Dry July - point of fact, I don't think I can promise not to have a cocktail or two--it is summer after all, and though I should clear my head, and it's a fabulous idea, a cash donation is the best I can manage now.

So- cheers to Neri for her fun site and contest, applause to all the participants, and in my opinion, Ceniza is still the hottest mage in Azeroth. Now to go break the news to her...hope she's out of lighter fluid.

Postscript: Since a Lannister always pays her debts, I still owe Navi something for her entry in the Road Trip. Working on it, Navi!

7 comments:

  1. Tell Ceniza congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will - she blinked off somewhere--she is quite the jet-setter, that one!

      Delete
  2. Ceniza you beautiful starlet, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are no Cersei ... you are more like a sweet Myrcella. How about you write a story with one of your characters and Navi? That would be an awesome prize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea Navi- love love love it - give me some time, dear friend!

      Delete
  4. Ceniza certainly made Korla work very hard for victory. When I checked the poll half an hour before close, you two were tied! Hopefully your stunning mage takes comfort in the fact that the Blood Elf actually had to work for once. I hear they really don't like that sort of thing ;)

    I am absolutely floored by your amazing generosity. Thank you so, so, so much for such a wonderful gesture of goodwill! I raise my glass of non-alcoholic wine in a toast to you, Matty. I cannot say thank you enough <3

    -Neri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just trying to use my powers for good and not evil. With mages, it's a full time job! Fun contest, as with all things, we are only truly competing with ourselves. If anything, found a new friend, so I am the winner here!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!