Monday, June 17, 2013

XO


This is one of my favorite stories: my first kiss.

I was in kindergarten or first grade. It was toward the end of the year, and in Texas school gets out in May, but it's still bloody hot. A boy in my class, who had never said a word to me as far as I recall, told me he had a secret to tell me after school. He was poor and dirty--his face was always unwashed, and he missed button holes on his shirt sometimes. But a secret! Too good to pass up. I met him on the outskirts of the playground, knelt down, and will never forget the big, sloppy kiss he planted right in my ear. I was both repulsed and enchanted. Of course he ran away.

Relating this story to a friend, he said, "That is the way of the warrior."

Oh my friend -- never was such insight so bright. Way of the Warrior indeed. Bet even Garrosh felt touch of hesitation, maybe a touch, for his first kiss. Maybe not.

Aside from the terrors of a first kiss, and even though my kissing duties have narrowed considerably since the days of attack-ear kisses, I love the kissing in Azeroth: we all need a little sugar sometimes!

And though these kisses are not any of these...


...they are kisses of note. The Pandaren male is so in-your-face, I am wondering if he wasn't a first grade kid back in Texas in the day. And ladies, he's single! The Forsaken will both cut and kiss you all at the same time!





Theme Song: Mustache Man (Wasted) Cake


9 comments:

  1. Anonymous18.6.13

    Aww, how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww :) a post on kisses? I have to reply and say this is acute post matty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a very affectionate person by nature, and the kiss animations in Azeroth have always made me smile, even the Forsaken one--so awkward but well-intentioned! Maybe I should say one of the best vanity items is the misteltoe around the winter holidays for the Blog Azeroth topic.Glad you and Cymre liked it! *sends a big hug kisses on the cheeks your way!*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was trying to remember mine and I can't but all the thinking got me totally somewhere else, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I can say us I hope it was somewhere wonderful! Lol!!

      Delete
  5. My first kiss was a disaster. I went in for a mouth closed kiss on the lips (Figured we'd get to the sloppy stuff once the ice was broken) but he went in for the full open mouth, which I of course didn't see because I had my eyes closed. Annnnnnd of course friends were there to see the whole thing. He was nicknamed face-mauler after that :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet baby murloc that wins - I damn near spit out my wine! Hopefully both of you survived to kiss others and get the job done. I have no idea what happened to my ear-kisser, but am pretty sure I have never met a braver warrior than he.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Skully -- you weren't a small boy in Texas kissing girls in ears back in the day, were you?

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!