Monday, June 17, 2013

XO


This is one of my favorite stories: my first kiss.

I was in kindergarten or first grade. It was toward the end of the year, and in Texas school gets out in May, but it's still bloody hot. A boy in my class, who had never said a word to me as far as I recall, told me he had a secret to tell me after school. He was poor and dirty--his face was always unwashed, and he missed button holes on his shirt sometimes. But a secret! Too good to pass up. I met him on the outskirts of the playground, knelt down, and will never forget the big, sloppy kiss he planted right in my ear. I was both repulsed and enchanted. Of course he ran away.

Relating this story to a friend, he said, "That is the way of the warrior."

Oh my friend -- never was such insight so bright. Way of the Warrior indeed. Bet even Garrosh felt touch of hesitation, maybe a touch, for his first kiss. Maybe not.

Aside from the terrors of a first kiss, and even though my kissing duties have narrowed considerably since the days of attack-ear kisses, I love the kissing in Azeroth: we all need a little sugar sometimes!

And though these kisses are not any of these...


...they are kisses of note. The Pandaren male is so in-your-face, I am wondering if he wasn't a first grade kid back in Texas in the day. And ladies, he's single! The Forsaken will both cut and kiss you all at the same time!

video
video
video

video



Theme Song: Mustache Man (Wasted) Cake


9 comments:

  1. Awww :) a post on kisses? I have to reply and say this is acute post matty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a very affectionate person by nature, and the kiss animations in Azeroth have always made me smile, even the Forsaken one--so awkward but well-intentioned! Maybe I should say one of the best vanity items is the misteltoe around the winter holidays for the Blog Azeroth topic.Glad you and Cymre liked it! *sends a big hug kisses on the cheeks your way!*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying to remember mine and I can't but all the thinking got me totally somewhere else, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I can say us I hope it was somewhere wonderful! Lol!!

      Delete
  4. My first kiss was a disaster. I went in for a mouth closed kiss on the lips (Figured we'd get to the sloppy stuff once the ice was broken) but he went in for the full open mouth, which I of course didn't see because I had my eyes closed. Annnnnnd of course friends were there to see the whole thing. He was nicknamed face-mauler after that :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet baby murloc that wins - I damn near spit out my wine! Hopefully both of you survived to kiss others and get the job done. I have no idea what happened to my ear-kisser, but am pretty sure I have never met a braver warrior than he.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Skully -- you weren't a small boy in Texas kissing girls in ears back in the day, were you?

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!