Saturday, September 21, 2013

Days 20 and 21

#wowscreenshotaday September

Day 20 In the Morning

Mornings on the Isle are the best..

Confession: as I write this, my brain is fuzzy and tired. I have so much to do today (don't we all?!) and yet it seemed like a really good idea to stay up and watch This Is The End (because who doesn't want to see Jonah Hill make sweet, sweet love with a well endowed demon?) No, that is not a spoiler. None of you folks are low-brow enough to watch that self-indulgent albeit sporadically funny movie. Danny McBride is always a treat.

But the 'morning' post was intended for yesterday morning. I thought I had an hour to myself when young squire came downstairs and informed me, no, no I did not. I haven't had a chance to focus on my Fished-Up Wish Stories in weeks, and Navi's managed to get hers done and I'm sure she's busier than I am. Be patient with me, folks: all I can ask.

In the meantime, this made me think of Momokawa:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/krulwich/2013/09/20/224426931/doing-a-da-vinci-if-only-leonardo-could-see-this


Day 21 Rule of Thirds

I am embarrassed to admit I had to look this one up, and when I found out what it meant further ashamed because it is a concept I should have been intimately connected with from my BFA days. Must have been smoking too many clove cigarettes and wearing black turtlenecks.

Now while researching, I came across this charming explanation (yes, British accents make everything charming. Deal with it.)

https://vimeo.com/14315821



Rule of thirds from Jayne Whitelock on Vimeo.



Many, in fact most. of my blogger buddies far exceed my skills in basic screenshot composition. I am a hardcore amateur. So I found this post helpful when considering my shots, because though I can handle my way around a blank canvas, sometimes a reminder of breaking form and style is a good thing.
But it's still a crappy screenshot. Rule of Thirds can't save everything.

Right now, right here, I need to wake up the goats in my house and get them herded. Yes, that is a metaphor. I don't really have goats, but some humans equally as stubborn.


theme song: come a little closer/cage the elephant

3 comments:

  1. Whew, I was giving it until tomorrow until I sent the search parties out. Yes, I am an alarmist. I was worried when there was no post yesterday. If you were my daughter you would do a grand eyeroll at me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having such mixed emotions about events in the Matty-shack today I don't know whether to cry or giggle. Will be back to writing more later.

    ....giving myself an eye-roll...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw her in game, I knew she was still around! She had busytimes at home! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!