Monday, May 14, 2012

Bedside manners...

Tome asked a question that was on my mind -- of the four healers, three currently at level 85, and one on her way, which has been the easiest? I'm sure she will agree that for any new character, it's not so much as what is easy, but what has been scaffolded beforehand. If I had begun with any of the four healing specialties, the first one would have been the toughest learning curve. Admittedly, I still have a long way to go with all of them.

I was attempting to take screenshots of their four spell books, but that got boring; instead, I'll provide you with a sense of what they feel like:


Zeptepi, the Holy Priest, is all light and magic. She is golden and pure, but the golden light comes at a cost, from the shadows. She is constantly battling the light and dark forces, and it takes much skill and faith to keep the two in balance. The dark forces are also very pure and powerful, and necessary to keep al things in harmony. Zep has a rare gift of faith, but faith that came through pain.


Matty, as Restoration Shaman, when healing she draws from the power of water--we are all water babies, and this is probably why restoration shamans, when they're skilled, are desired--there is something natural and effective about their healing spells. Of all of the healers, she is the only one who can bring herself back to life; Zep can heal through her passing from one world to the next, and Momo can bring back others in battle, both extremely useful healing arts, but it is only a shaman who can come back to this world on her own.




Luperci, as Holy Paladin, is very much like Zeptepi, but her balancing force is the protection or retribution nature of righteousness. She does not perceive she is fighting her own demons from within, as Zep is, but fighting over-zealous self-righteousness, which may be indeed the worst of inner turmoil. Once Luperci recognizes her own battles, she will become more skilled in both healing and protection. Retribution--that never came easily for her. Zealotry is not in her nature.



Momokawa, as Restoration Druid, uses her natural ancestral powers to heal others, but sometimes becomes lackadaisical in her care of herself. Her free-spirited nature would absolutely prefer to go off and pet centaurs and dryads, but alas, sometimes resentfully, pulls herself back in focus to heal others through the smoke, fire, and blood. She has no intentions of being the bear, protecting others. But, using the powers of the sun and moon in her owlkin form pleases her. She is a young druid, to be certain, and has much to learn. Theme song: Wounds/Beautiful Girls

14 comments:

  1. This is the most interesting and perceptive point of view about healers I believe I've ever read. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the colours you used was a great way to highlight their healing abilities. Great post Matty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Matty got rid of the verification thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Matticus' post on blogs, and though I have had many blogs in the past, this one is by far the most read, and didn't want to be annoying. I know he also suggested allowing all comments to post without permission, but I just can't do that yet, although I have had no trolls (to date). Or trolls to date. Or trolls I want to date. Something like that.

      And thank you, by the way!

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much Aygaren - this is how my mind works, much to the dismay of the theorycrafters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous14.5.12

    Ok, I feel like I'm reading someone's tea leaves impressions, listening to a fortune teller or they all had their stars read at least. Nicely done but now you have me wondering, what's in Cymre's future?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - I shall have to drink some more tea! :)

      Delete
  6. Anonymous14.5.12

    Honestly, I think once you learn to heal you can do it with any class. There may be a class or spec where you are instinctually better at, but unlike say Hunter dps vs Mage dps, healing is healing in my book.

    Also, let me just say, I love the new blog colour scheme. There's some similarities to mine and Tome's in that regard, and that might cause me to bring some bias but when I came here for the first time since it changed, I was all jaw-dropped. Very sleek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JD! Much appreciated, good sire! There are limits to the design tools handed to one through Blogger, but this is going to have to stand for a bit.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous14.5.12

      Wordpress has some vast limitations of its own. ;)

      Apparently some of the options I would "consider" come with financial upgrade. I think I'll stick with what I've got, as it seems to be working just fine!

      Delete
  7. :) I swear our resto druids know each other. Mine is a little wayward and easily distracted at times and loves nothing more than to stare up through the leaves to the arch of the sky and chase thermals on hot summer days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does yours also have a penchant for tall NE males? I swore she swooned tonight when a NE rogue noticed her mana depletion...! Like to chase some thermals with that one....LOL!

      Delete
  8. I was considering a dual spec for either my Pally or Enhancement Shaman. But probably should follow Lupe since the Pally is only level 45. The Shaman may be too set in her ways and she's not all that considerate anyway. She'd probably just yell, use a bandage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goblin spit has been known to have amazing curative powers. It is a tough call--I have gone into this healing thing relunctantly, using only Zep has my first dedicated healer. Every time I'm in a group with Miss Shammypants as a healer, it takes all I can do not to run up to something and start hacking it with axes--but it's kind of nice to let others take over the DPS driver's seat, too.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!