Tuesday, May 15, 2012

RTMT: Diablo III

Hey, my fellow bloggers--how was the launch for you? Can't wait to hear!!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/347481/interviews/diablo-3-launch-interview-the-transition-from-our-game-to-everyones-game-is-really-exciting/

Cross-dressing rogue dismissed my concerns--he said, "Matty, this is a game that you can actually win, it has ending points." What? A sense of closure, of completion? Not sure what I would do with THAT feeling!

Postscript: When trying to download it this morning, got lots of error messages, and somehow, I managed to trash Safari off of my computer. I literally broke the Internet.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Laz and I had a blast with some guildies this morning from 3am to 6:30am. It was loads of fun, even while we were waiting to log on. (We were watching Twitter and the forums and giggling.)

    ~ Effy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tried to install it this am, and like i said above, I literally, not figuratively, broke the Internet. So mad. So very very mad.

      Delete
    2. ...but, glad you're having fun! (Grumbles to self as she goes to work with a continuing stomach flu and no working Internet or download she paid LOTS of money for MONTHS AGO).

      Delete
  2. Matty, I'm dumb. What is RTMT? Real time monitoring tool doesn't sound right. Random thing Matty thinks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Navi - started this a while ago: Random Tuesday Morning Thought

    Should explain acronyms again, at least in the post label

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, sorry you're having trouble. I could stand the game not downloading but no working internet is unacceptable! I'm glad Navi asked, I think I may have known that at some point and then forgot!

    I thought I'd take a quick look at Diablo, been enjoying flailing around two big axes and generally being a badass barbarian woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I was thinking at first that you may have to reset ports or something but removing Safari :) that should rate as an achievement of sorts. It took us a good half hour to forty minutes to get logged on to D3 but once on, it played smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I blow up the Internet, I don't mess around. But--and I am seriously wondering what kind of mysterious ghost-in-the-machine forces are at work here, because I did end up with a much needed upgrade to my OS, and got rid of some clunky programs, and all is well. Only cost me my +33 nagging skills with a buff of "this is your job" logic. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!