Sunday, February 17, 2013

Let us eat cake!

I have been getting all kinds of e-mails and links for the Movie Mog thing, and let me tell ya'll what - there are some AMAZING mogs out there - what talented, creative folks are out there! While we wait for the big presentation, I wanted to share this with everyone. On Valentine's Day, a young squire gave me a piece of this cake, and...

...it was...
...the
...best

cake I ever had. It was perfect: moist, not too sweet, but rich, with a light layer of chocolate frosting and sesame seeds. I don't really like frosting, and it was the perfect amount, almost more of a glaze. I couldn't figure out what made it so incredible, or discern the flavors. I hounded this young man until he wrote down the recipe. The secret is CHEESE! Of course! Here is a shot of the recipe he wrote for me. (Remember, he's working on two languages, not one, so don't make any comments about spelling or I will track you down and box your ears!)



Since it was off the top of his head, I did a little research and found this:
http://www.whats4eats.com/desserts/quesadilla-salvadorena-recipe

I am going to make it for my birthday, cause you know, those birthdays that end in certain numbers need a little sweetness.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so good I'm going to have to try it. I'm tempted to go for the different cheese version or maybe make two, one with different types of cheese and one with only one. Baking decisions... always the hardest to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to try my hand at it this Friday or Saturday...we'll have to share notes! (What I really want is for someone else to make it for me...!)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!