Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 2: Constellation Consternation

Starry, Starry Night

The Matty-shack is in hibernation. Seriously. Every breathing thing except for me is crashed out, and it's not even 6PM. It's a few days until payday, so no Internet shopping. Finished Dance with Dragons yesterday, so now the waiting begins for the next installation. You all know George R. R. Martin was a television writer at one point in his career, right? So when a television writer writes epic novels, think of them like episodes on steroids. Time in between novels is on god-time, and not mortal readers'.

So what do I do while after I load the dishwasher and the next novel on my Kindle? Naturally, troll Facebook. Okay, few stories making me bored. Few things making me laugh, sure sure. And then this from a share from a friend from Green Renaissance:

Well, that's lovely! How magical! Take-my-breath-away enchanting, let me see where this unreal place is!

.....

Canterbury, New Zealand.

Trying not to type FUNZ.

Trying.

Jealous much, Matty?

It's written in the stars:


Here what was in my stars for today, courtesy of the Onion:



PISCES: Remember, it's not how hard you beat the goat, but whether the goat you're beating is on fire.

Your Horoscopes – Week Of January 23, 2013: http://onion.com/XxN8ME

Come to think of it, that goat was NOT on fire!
Star-Crossed Geeks:

And ThinkGeek.Com asks this:


What is love?
Baby, don't hurt us! (Seriously, we're fragile little monkeys.) Love is letting her have the last squirt of sriracha in the bottle. Love is dusting his ever-growing collection of action figures. Love is fudging that d20 roll so she lives... or narrating the epic death her character would want. Love is snuggled under an Adventure Time blanket, drinking Hoth Cocoa and celebrating the 10th birthday of Mythbusters. Got love? We've got the best Valentine's Day gifts! Forever alone? We have that covered, too.


What caught my eye was the plush unicorn bouquet:

The perfect thing to send to your fake Twitter girlfriend!

It's in the stars...

Next on my reading list is The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. He is a phenomenal writer, and I'm looking forward to this one. I'll read it while I pet my unicorns and beat my fiery goat. Euphemism? No. Just my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!