We all know of the Seven deadly sins (Wrath, Greed, Sloth, Pride, Lust, Envy and Gluttony) and we all succumb to aspects of them at one time or another, but is there one particular sin that affects you more than the others when you play World of Warcraft? Are you a bit too prideful about your armor set? or Do you look upon someone with envy when they have a piece of armor that you don’t have yet?
I know Navi and Erinys have both weighed in on this, and sure others have too. Been a bit preoccupied this week. In any case, wanted to go to confession and get a few sins, say a rosary or two, and feel ready for a new week:
1. Lust: Oh, tough one. I must admit to swooning a bit over a Night Elf NPC here or there...and I have threatened to take my show on the road to Moonguard, but no...usually a cold shower clears this one up. Azeroth is a sexy place full of pretty characters, so I think this is a tough one for many, because the virtual temptations abound. (Don't worry, Tome, Jarel Moor isn't returning my calls.)
2. Gluttony: I love the eating and drinking achievements, so yes, this one--I need some help. And when I don't watch myself in real life, if the cheese-n-cracker plates are next to me, they are absentmindedly scarfed up without thought. Gotta watch this one.
3. Greed: Well, yes. Yes. Yes. I love loot. I love mog-able gear, and collecting staves and robes. My bags and banks and void storage is full to brimming on nearly every single character. The "I might need it one day" is a thin excuse for greed.
4. Sloth: Looking at my piles of dishes, stories, laundry, drawing/art supplies, and half-finished projects, yup. But look how happy sloths are:
5. Wrath: Just one button of my Shamanistic Rage tells this whole story. Yes. I get angry. What are you going to do about it, eh, punk?
6. Envy: I have tarnished my wings on more than one occasiton on this one. Mounts that go to others, higher scores, better gear, better raiding environment, better overall players. The only cure for this one is recognizing my limitations are my own.
7. Pride: In fairness, think I could use a bit more of this, but then there's that fall thing, and all that. But I do look pretty amazing in this mog set, don't you think?
|Zep trying to be all humble and stuff..|
So, off to see Archibishop Benedictus. Maybe he can hear my confession and cleanse me of my sins.
Theme Song: INXS/Devil Inside