Monday, July 11, 2011

Can't quit you, Matty

Last night, feeling kind of funky about stuff, stuff in general, real life stuff, and game stuff, and family stuff, and blah blah blah, just kind of in a funk.

It was late, and past my bedtime, but a good buddy asked me to do a heroic, warning me if it was Stonecore, he was outta there. Fair enough. I made no promises of great dps, and away we went. Knowing a tank or healer is like getting seated at the best dungeon tables and knowing the maitre' d. It was Grim Batol, and it was a blast. Lost one healer (there is healing, and there is Matty Level of Healing, which, in my opinion, should be a 25 point achievement for players), and lost a warlock, which made me upset. I know that on the other end there is a human who is trying to do well and play, but our new healer made a snarky comment, and away she went. Maybe I am too soft-hearted for the mean streets of Azeroth, but I do want everyone to play who wants to. In any case, we had a lot of fun. And, no, Guarf, I am not going to make you a sandwich.

So, as I am trying to figure out what I want to get out of my time, perhaps it is just the simple things. So what if I don't get the gear? So flipping what? I am still as cute as I can be, nice as I can be, and gosh darnit, people like me. I bet Blizzard loses more players to fatigue and lack of control of their worlds. They giveth, and taketh away. But I control the purse-strings on this, so take notice, Blizz. Or that collection plate may start looking a little empty.

Anyway, really appreciated this post this morning from Psynister: http://psynister.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/three-legged-stools/

I think it's time to start a new story-time post, say, from Luperci's perspective, and then a tale of conflict and hope for our sweet Zeptepi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!