Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Spice of life...


Okay, this is my last posting of food. I have hit the Tex-Mex nirvana by an unexpected trip to one of my favorite places in the world, Chuy's. Chuy's is famous for their roasted green chilis  and Elvis paraphernalia, and I was here in time for their annual "chili festival" which basically means most of their specialties have a heavy-dose of spicy green chili sauces and seasonings. My nose was already running from the allergies and the green chilis either helped, or hurt, but I did certainly feel more perky. Texas highways are long, long, long and damn - the speed limit is 75MPH (120KMH for the rest of the world), so I had to leave behind my timid stop-and-go driving style from my area and just press the gas pedal, channeling back to my younger self with less insurance but more bullet-proof sensibilities.

I went to Chuy's and all I got was this T-shirt...

Like I said, visiting home means eating foods that remind me of that place. I pack my toothbrush, but I also look for souvenirs and take photos.

This has probably already been a Blogazeroth question, in one form or another, but I was thinking with all the new things we're excited about, what are three things that you will not "leave behind," no matter what, in the brave new world? Think of the farming you've been doing, the achievements and mounts you've been trying to get, the planning and preparation, whether you've played the Beta or not: but of all those things, there are things you have that are dear to you--what are they? Think of three things. Just three. This is definitely related to the things you keep in your bags/bank question, or the big "meta" about enjoyment of game, but here is the twist: I want a story, please, even if a short one. Let me know what souvenirs and toothbrushes you have along your journey.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous21.8.12

    There is a place in Fort Worth, that is listed as #5 out of 100 when it comes to mexican food restaurants. It is called Salsa Fuego. My wife and I love it!

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Matty, this is a hard test. I thought and thought and the only thing I can come up with is just my feral kitty. I love her. I loved her through BC when she was whispered constantly. u resto? No, kitty. Nvm. If they take away her bleeds and gimp her to within an inch of her life, I'd still stay with her. Yep, I don't know how to quit her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!