Sunday, August 26, 2012

Summer's end...

My sabbatical is over, and back to routine tomorrow. I'm sitting here thinking of two comments by fellow friends/players, that they were not totally sympathetic to my situation. I don't blame them. If I were in their shoes, I'd feel that same way. And without going into details, part of me would like to say, "Are you jealous of my having to go through _____?" (Navi knows, and Guarf knows.) "Do you envy me this.........?" (My bank account knows.) Or, do you wish you had this? (Fill in the blank of some misguided bureaucrat sucker-punching your hopes and dreams.) Well - all that does occur at my job. But what they really should be jealous of is not the fact I got to derp around in Azeroth for two months, relatively unencumbered, and write a few stories, but what I get to go back to tomorrow. People who love me, people to whom I matter, and people who need me. Wish me well, my sweet guildmates--you should be jealous indeed.


Theme song: Girl/Beck

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes, I think I know what you mean, and I know WHY you are deliberately cryptic but I think I overworked my brain trying to puzzle this post out. But I still <3 my Matty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it comes to me, Navi, rule number one: don't over think it. I have been known to break brains.

      Delete
    2. And I <3 you too!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!