Sunday, March 9, 2014

OLRG: Missing Tome!

Lost without you, Tome!

Tome of the Ancient had a personal issue yesterday, and sent me an email that she couldn't make it. Before any of you worry, she's fine, her dogs are fine, her husband's fine, but send her good thoughts nonetheless. We really missed you! Dragonray from Azerothian Life  joined us, and I told her CD Rogue has a rule that one must do a shot every time we hear an Aussie accent, and she does have a lovely voice! Speaking of lovely voices, we heard Helke too, and day-umm woman, she has a very sexshee voice! We did our usual rounds in Firelands, and Dragonray was kind enough to put her bear on and tank for us, and of course, no Penitent achievement, and no kitty staff. Fandral, you ass, you're starting to piss me off! No matter--we really do enjoy each other. Prinnie was there and sharing some of her…um…concerns…about….um….MATTY SHUT UP! You see, I am prone to blabbermouthery, so, Prinnie, whenever this thing you're working on works out, will you please let us know? Sending you good thoughts on laundry management and good impressions. Although, I say, be yourself. Your quirky awesomesauce is worthy of worship. Don't forget that.

Speaking of blabbermouthery, Ironyca posted one of her articulate, insightful posts not too long ago (nice to read you again, Ironyca!). It concerns privacy, or lack thereof, and the Internet. I wished again recently that we had an invisible mode in WoW, and I'm sure my friend Señor does too, because he was trying to play battlegrounds again yesterday and I kept bugging him. I admit, I was bored. CD Rogue had a cold and was working in his office, the cubs were doing their own things, and most of my WoW buddies were otherwise occupied. Unfortunately, WoW Insider reported that Blizzard will not be able to accommodate those of us who want to hide for a bit. However, I know the worst time to bug any of our friends in game is when we ourselves are bored. It's infectious. Boredom spreads like a bad cold, and unless we wash our hands and cover our coughs, we can do some real damage. I'll try to remember that next time a friend has another goal or project that doesn't include me--rather--try to remember my own goals and inner motivations.

I was thinking the other day it's not easy being an ambivert. (It's not easy being green, either, but that's another story altogether.) Who knows when I want to be alone, and when I want company? It means my personal whims and moods dictate to those around me, making abritary rules of when I can mentally play, and when it's a comfortable silence? Oh we silly humans. We'll never get it right, will we? /shrugs and gets more coffee

So my Lent list is going two-thirds well: I have the music, I won't play tomorrow (Monday), but the writing an hour on stuff other than WoW…no can do.


Forty-Beats 5: Wasted Sunday Morning - Sneaker Pimps (I hate Spring Forward)

7 comments:

  1. Fandral is a big fat poopy pants. All I'm saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9.3.14

    Well wish I was around. Have had bronchitis for the past week and now my voice sounds like a late night radio host. hmmm, idea for future job. Anyway, glad you got it done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, and hope you feel better soon!

      Delete
  3. Yessss, LOVE Becoming X! Sneaker Pimps rock!

    My, what....black....and thick....eyebrows you have, Tome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, those are MY eyebrows! lol All the better to pluck you with, my dear??

      Delete
  4. LOL nice to hear you had a token aussie in the raid. That's sad news about the 'appear offline' feature. It would be really useful at times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't drink any shots - that's CD's rule, not mine. I love these international runs!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!