Monday, March 31, 2014

OLRG:Diet Coke Witch Edition

See? Back there? The witch concerned with her waistline...

Ever experience a stretch of time where you're just out of sync? Not bad, not good, but decidedly out of sorts? These past few days I feel like I am walking snooze button. I just want to sleep. For a confirmed insomniac, this is more of a blessing than curse: at least I know I can still turn off my brain and feel all cozy and mentally journey into lullaby land. But it sure does make it tricky for getting to work on time.

I've taken to sleeping on the couch with my tauntaun sleeping bag with the electric fireplace running. My dog Snickers curls up near my feet, and I pretend I'm in the Tainted Forest, safe from harm in one of the little cottages, with a Dwarf sentinel standing guard.Yes, yes I am a grown woman and this is my mental bed-time story that helps me sleep. Now before you think I don't love CD Rogue anymore, I do. He has his own sleep issues, and those affect me. (This is a great myth of coupling, that you sleep together peacefully forever and ever - if there is a couple out there who can do that godspeed to you, but most of us mortals have not figured that out yet.)

Wait, sorry. This wasn't about me waxing philosophical about Tainted Forest fantasies and sleep deprivation. I'm just really tired, that's all.

Okay, back to us Old Ladies:

Shoryl started a list for us so we can get done what we want: http://tinywowguild.wordpress.com/2014/03/29/olrg-what-do-you-want/ Please comment about what's important to you. I just want to finish my Firelands achievements, get that damn bird, and not step foot in there again. I also want us to do more recent content (dare I dream? Dare I dream that we can kill Garrosh together?!) Next Saturday let's try some Horde stuff, and I'll tank on my Death Knight. I leveled Heartichoke by DK tanking, and I'd be happy to do so again. Remember, real life always trumps Azeroth, so never feelt a single twinge if you can't make it. See you Saturday, 4PM Pacific, and bring a Horde. Why not? 

9 comments:

  1. Snoring, OMG snoring. My husband is a world class snorer. One time my daughter was over and my husband was sleeping in and we could hear him downstairs. I finally got ear plugs but they seemed to make me sleep walk more, lol.

    For the Horde!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snoring is taken care of with CPAP machines, but it doesn't solve everything. Ah, those panaceas…why don't they ever last?!

      Delete
  2. Hope you managed to get some more sleep the other morning. Oh and a horde raid? How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no rest for the wicked - oh well! lol

      Delete
  3. OMG! Hordies next week! Yay! I'm being selfish by saying I want to do either of the Naxx and Uld 10 on my herald toon. But I'm also willing to tank, heal, or dps on any of my growing army of hordies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All right - holding you to it! See you then!

      Delete
  4. Yay finally I can come to an OLRG run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to Horde-side OLRG!

    I sleep on the couch fairly often, too, generally for one or two REM cycles in the wee hours of the morning. I usually wake up either because BTH is snoring or to break out of a wearisome dream-loop. I'm very noise-sensitive when I'm trying to go to sleep, and if I've been in an unrefreshing dream-loop, the best way to reset my brain is to get up and move around a bit before trying to go back to sleep again. Going out to sleep on the couch for a bit works for both types of sleep issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should have called our virtual team the Couch Raiders! Sleep seems to be the one dragon we all have trouble conquering for one reason or another. Look forward to Horde side too! I may be a little disoriented and try to whack all of you but I'll try to control myself.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!