Monday, January 13, 2014

Rested XP

I gave myself one of those arbitrary boundary-settings last night: my Draenei sent me a text and told me to go on vacation, somewhere safe from tigers, pirates, and orcs, to touch textile world, and smell worldly smells. Already my resolve is weakening: a Facebook exchange, while polite and holding true to the protocols of polite debate, has my blood pressure shooting upwards. I am done defending my professional knowledge. I am weary and worn from fighting unseen foes and misguided understandings (that's saying it sweetly). I am deflated in my defense of the humanity of my life, and those around me. My metaphorical sword is dinged, and my shield pitted. I need a life buff.

Wait…maybe it's not Azeroth I need a break from? 

But I am going to try. I still want to try Flex again this week, and of course there is the OLRG shenanigans, which are so much fun.

Haanta is calling…just a few minutes before I go to work…just a few….

2 comments:

  1. Yup, Azeroth's where I go to get away. I'm exhausted from arguing with the "Waste Management Company" about the fact that they want to charge me "extra" because I had too much trash out because they didn't pick up for two weeks. And here I thought they'd credit my account for the days they missed, silly me. I need to kick some butt. I'd prefer real life butt but will settle for virtual, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting folks to do the right thing.....sheesh....

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!