Thursday, February 20, 2014

Brave New Efffed Up World

Just started reading: Ready Player One by Ernest Cline and I am afraid to tell you I must insist you all stop what you're doing (yes, Navi, that includes Navispam and yes, Tome, sorry, no more Jazz Hands Dance Studio) and purchase this book and begin reading it.

I'll wait.

Did you download your copy?

Not yet?

Okay.

(Insert Jeopardy music here)

Had a little side-trip to downtown Austin yesterday and forgot both chargers for the cell phone AND the Kindle.

Flopped around like a fish out of water for about two hours, and was jonesing big time to get back to some kind of connectivity.

Go get the book.

Not asking. Telling.

Now, I realize most WoW bloggers do not have me on their blogrolls. I'm pretty sure those who have Tome and Navi on theirs (and EVERYONE has Tome and Navimie) indulge them of their friendhips with me, look at this Sugar & Blood site, and decide it's just not their cup of tea. I don't know enough about Azeroth, I don't post strats or game videos, and my fan-fiction is lukewarm at best.

But don't any of you efffers tell me I don't know books. 


I am only two chapters into it (due to the battery situation on my Kindle, which, if you do read the book, you will realize is incredibly sad and ironic), but I am hooked. It is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory meets Hunger Games I think. We shall see.

5 comments:

  1. Love your drop-ins during your time away. Enjoy the rest of your trip and don't forget your chargers for next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you all very much, and yes...that was weird experience being back in my own head...talk about mental dust bunnies!

      Delete
  2. For once reading blogs on the iPad with coffee paid off! I was able to immediately stop reading and download the book and what's even better I finished my last book last night and needed a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the book recommendation. Went and read the sample available, and I will purchase it when I have access to my nook again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem at all -- as soon as I get some more work done, I'm back to it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!