Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Who's on first?

Day started off like any other day. Woke up at 3:30AM, couldn't get back to restful sleep, Blizzard forget to put the Love Rocket in the candy box for me, chased down minions and blackguards at work (literally), stayed late in a meeting (trying to go through a mountain of paperwork) and was late to Flex. When I got home, CD Rogue informed me he and his entire team at work had been laid off. Now, if you know me, you know I will cry and stress about this, and then dust off my fears and find my grit. But right now I'm struggling to get motivated to go into another early morning meeting with big puffy red eyes and effect meaningful change in other people's worlds.

However…

…however…

...one funny thing did happen last night. The big guild has a lovely new priest, and I'll forgive her Valley-Girl voice in Vent because overall she seems nice. (If you have seen 'In A World' movie by Lake Bell you know my sentiments toward SBV: Sexy Baby Voice.) I took Kellda, and my fat fingers and tear-soaked eyes could barely see the screen, so my performance was sub-par. I realized later I won tier gloves, and already had Warforged tier, so after the raid whispered her, asking if she wanted them.

Here was that exchange:




I am only sorry I didn't get the fourth and fifth screenshots of the exchange, where she finally realizes what I am asking - she had tier gloves, and thanked me profusely for offering them to her. I really think it was my use of "dude" that caught her attention. I could not figure out at first what the issue was, but I suspect wine may have been involved: too much on her behalf, too little on mine.

Oh, and I have Kellda all in hues of green/gold/yellow to match her pretty new cloak wings:


It'll get better.


Classic:

5 comments:

  1. Read the chat before the post and was ROTFL, yes ... yes, wine can do that to a person, l know. I then read the post and felt so bad. My husband and I were unfortunate enough to have the same employer so it really stung when we both were laid off.

    You are right, it will get better but damn it hurts really bad. Big hugs to you both. And if there's a certain company I should hate now let me know, I'll get busy hating them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chat was funny. I can only imagine how you must have reacted reading that. :D

    And I'm really sorry to hear about terrible real life stress. Sending you all the virtual encouragement and good thoughts. It will get better, as you said, but man that's awful.:(

    Kellda looks amazing, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just could not figure out what the problem was....then...yeah. What we have here is a failure to communicate. It'll all be all right, but not a fan of the blatant unknown.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous12.2.14

    Sorry to hear about the RL issue, hope something positive comes up soon and that exchange was amusing to read. I must say that your Shirley Temple and Little BooBoo comment was hilarious last night. Man, could you get a more drastic comparison?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so ashamed of the States sometimes....sigh... oh well...

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!