Thursday, August 22, 2013

Day 24: In the background

#wowscreenshotaday

I did not intend for this series to be a pictorial of Kellaen, however, when one is starting fresh, there are some old things to see with new eyes.

James Clark.

James Clark is a petty thief and outlaw one must efficiently dispatch of.  And, separate him from his noggin. He wasn't using it anyway.

But I swear, in all the moments Mr. Clark and I have had to do the "dance," never once have I seen this creepy kid, Kevin, wondering around the room like a lost fly. He even tries to walk through the fireplace, up the table, on the mantle. There he is, in the shadows. 

Now, watching him wander around the tiny shack, all of these scenes from old Westerns kept playing in my head: "Son, I don't wanna go shootin' your pappy while you're here..." Or that scene from Kill Bill where the Black Mamba gets rid of Vivica A. Fox's character with a kindergartner in the house. That's enough to send any kid to years of therapy. So, yes, Kellean stood there for a long time, watching Kevin, perplexed, and morally confused. But, whatever. Got the screenshot and that was that. 

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous22.8.13

    I've done that quest, a few times now and I haven't noticed that little guy before. Wow what a hardened mercenary I've become to rush in, grab a head and rush out again without paying attention to my surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See..that's just it...I'm not sure he was there in the past 1,232 times I did that quest...odd, huh? He was kind of creeping me out...but human children do that...lol!

      Delete
  2. I have no idea who that guy is. Off to wowhead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mattie, were you around long ago when this was a thing?

    http://www.wowwiki.com/Children_of_Goldshire

    - Krash

    ReplyDelete
  4. As soon as the dogs are walked I've got to go look. Apparently I've been stumbling around with my eyes closed. I don't know how many times I've done that quest and never seen that boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing - I don't think he's always been there. I looked up my buddy Krash's link. Of the children, Kevin is not one of them; however, maybe he strayed too far from the orphanage, or who the hell knows?

      The mistress of all-things-unseen is our blogger buddy Ironyca; remember this post?
      http://ironyca.wordpress.com/2010/09/15/the-10-most-creepy-things-in-wow/

      Delete
    2. Just reread and it's still creepy!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous23.8.13

    I did that quest quite a few times but I don't think I ever saw that kid there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!