Thursday, August 15, 2013

Weepy writing warlocks...

Eating my own head: typical

I can't find my black writer's journal. I searched for it yesterday afternoon in my stacks of things, and it's gone. I've had it for weeks, staring at me with the potential of my scribblings and notes, false starts and story seeds, and now...there are rumors of dishes, spoons, and fiddling cats perhaps pilfering it in the night, but unsubstantiated. This, among some other things, made me a little weepy yesterday. I have tried so hard this summer to organize things, set things right, and have something to show for my efforts, and yesterday, well yesterday felt like the Sunday night of this season. I hate Sunday nights. Sunday nights are the sniveling, broken-promise-of-was-going-to-bake-you-cookies-but-I-didn't of the days. That was my mood yesterday afternoon.

Perhaps it was brought on, in part, by my personal in-game promises, or goals (I mix the two concepts up):

1. Finish Wrathion's challenge
2. Finish the Green Fire quest
3. Adopt a Spirit Bear
4. Find an Unborn Valk'yr.

This would appear, if my data are correct, as a 25% success rate. Not great.

However, flying under the banner of "What I Can Control" guise, I can, and will, get to know this warlock better. Tome, too, has been playing with another specialty in her warlock repertoire. To better my own lock-skills, there are two warlocks I admire. In true professional journalistic integrity, I sought permission from Purpleice beforehand to show and discuss his elite warlock:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/whisperwind/Purpleice/simple
The second one lives in anonymity at all costs, so he shall remain, respectfully, to himself.

Some of his glyphs/talents surprised me, and yes, we must concede that he his an epic raider and has obtained wonderful gear. But he is a humble little gnome, head and shoulders above the rest, or at least hoof and ankles, and the human behind the lock is very funny and kind.

This one surprised me because I thought this was more for Demonology - now I am going to try it out for my Destro spec, too.


Oh, that's what that does!


Again, surprised. Demons just aren't for Demonology...

As far as stat priorities go, it would seem that Destruction and Demonolgy are basically the same:
http://www.icy-veins.com/destruction-warlock-wow-pve-dps-statistics-priority-reforging
http://www.icy-veins.com/demonology-warlock-wow-pve-dps-statistics-priority-reforging

Intelligence
Hit - 15%
Haste
Mastery
then Crit for Destro

Okay. Simple enough. One thing that caught my eye was that Icy Veins highly recommend Elvui. I did like it, but....

....but....

Anyway. Tome and I share a love of learning, and trying new things. This post in no way, shape or form is to insinuate that I am an expert in warlockery - not even close. I just know that if I post it here it won't get lost, like some black writer's journal I know. Perhaps it ran off with my Grimoire of Awesomesauce. That seems to be missing, too.

3 comments:

  1. I know, I was surprised by the Glyph of Demon Training and Sasche ran off to purchase one to try out but alas there were none. I have high hopes that maybe over the weekend someone will decide to list glyphs.

    In the meantime I'll continue to decimate the dino population until I get this down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to offer some terrifying advice: ask in Trade Chat for inscriptors.

    Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that first but knowing you need something must bring out the worst in people, lol. The price they asked for a glyph of conflagrate was 1,500 gold. So I will lurk and wait and snatch it when it's a reasonable price.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!