Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day 30: Cluttered

#wowscreenshotaday

Got asked a tough question today: What are my dreams? No, not the sleeping, snoring, drooling kind, but the aspirations, the hopes, the "if I could do or be anything right now what would it be?" question. Since my colleagues have dubbed me as the "Metaphor Queen," I shall endeavor to describe, figuratively, how my life may be right now: I am stuck in a mire, hip-deep in Wellingtons that would go schhlock-ke when pulling them out, but over on the shore I see maybe a novel or two, or a woman who is really good at her job, or perhaps....and that is the thing. The Wellingtons and I only waded in this muck because the things on shore were not that interesting, and there were shiny, bioluminescent things in the water...just there, see? Just when after this, or that...just over the next wave: we were only going to stay a little while. But we keep getting sucked back in. Oh, the muck? Azeroth. But it is pretty.

So: not sure. I do know something needs to change (i.e. someone, that someone being me) and staying in Azeroth has blurred the lines too much, and the Wellies are indeed stuck. I am not prepared to go in my metaphorical stocking feet back to shore: sharp objects and such, you see, but I am willing to start to clean out the mental clutter that Azeroth can ascerbate. It'll get cleaned up.

Two contrasts of "clutter:"

Chaos from order:
Chaos produced from order: lights, bells, whistles all thrown together by strict and concise mathematical language
 Order from chaos:
The order and cosmic rhythm of Blood Elf architecture: breathtaking in its simplicity to express complex concepts
No Scrubs/TLC

3 comments:

  1. I know in my case it's hard to find the right balance. I need to attend to rl on occasion but at the same time I'm pretty sure the beauty of Azeroth keeps me sane over here.

    And me insane? Not pretty, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a balance, and I am not exactly great when I can't keep the crazy contained either. I was also kind of regretting sharing my rabbit-hole experiences, too, with those sitting on the tree roots looking down (spoken like a true queen of denial, and not just a river in Egypt!) I just have to make sure my time in Azeroth is not taking me away from something I would a. rather do b. need to do to keep body and soul together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *should say: a. "want" to do

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!