Tuesday, August 27, 2013

RTMT: Long Way To Go and Day 28: Corridor

#wowscreenshotaday
Stay the course, Dornaa...

I woke up this morning still tumbling a negative thought in my head, of whether or not to confront someone about a 'thing.' The reason this person did this thing, (and this is the second time), is because they don't know me. They made an assumption. Now I'm old enough to have been around this block once or twice: do people change? Or, by being honest with "how you made me feel" trope can you make them see your point of view? /shrug I don't know. I was thinking if it happens three times then I'll say something, but that is officially going into festering territory. What I do know about people are the things that are important to them do not translate into what's important to us. The problem is when I confront someone emotionally I tend to tear up. I can't do this, namely because this person tends toward bully territory, and will misconstrue tears as weakness, not anger. (Yes, this person is a female: gender makes no difference when it comes to bully acuity.)

Maybe I'll keep this image that Cynwise posted today, and just set the whole thing on mental fire:

Cynwise: On Golden Lotus Dailies
Time to toughen up. Know I am strong. Show I mean business. And I do. I've been down this road before.


3 comments:

  1. Gold and skeletons on that corridor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing when I'm angry, I can either scream obscenities at the top of my lungs OR if I try to act like I have some sense I get teary. If the confrontation happened, I hope it went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rehearsed what I am going to say in case it happens again so I am not caught off guard. Defense! Defense! Gooooo team!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!