Friday, February 17, 2012

Love stinks.

Matty will NEVER be rid of this stinkin' tabard, by the by.
Getting exalted with the Kirin Tor is tougher than saving for retirement.
For those of you who know me in real life, you will even more fully appreciate this tale.

A player named "Love," a priest, was in LFR with our Miss Zep yesterday. Apparently this player is not only Love the Love Fool, but Lucky in Love, too. S(he) won everything. (Restraining desire to type in all caps): All the Loots. Gloves, ring, legwraps, weapons, gift bag, M&Ms will only the green ones left, and not only that, but that little engenue was a far and distant 9th in healing stats, while our hard-working, mana-drained Zep was neck-in-neck for spot #2 (ended up being #3), but bronze medals work on the podium, too. Yes, I have the screenshots to prove it, but alas, am a little Recount/Skada shy at the moment.

My and cross-dressing rogue's theory about players whose gear or skills may not be quite up to snuff are blessed by the RNGs, but then there are the exceptions like our dear I Like Bubbles. She's awesomesauce and lucky. Silly Zep: the RNGs are bored and like to play pranks. Take it in stride, and have a good laugh. By the time you win those legwraps you so foolishly gave away last week, you'll have enough valor points to buy some shiny new ones.

Zep did however get a head slot token, so obtained a helm for her shadow priesty-ness. Maybe with those stacks of intelligence she'll be smarter.

Theme song: The Girl Got Hot/Weezer

4 comments:

  1. Wish I'd been there, you could have sent it in a whisper to me! Bronze medal is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take the bronze, but next time want the brass ring, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well. Some people have all the luck.
    And I want to know why the Big bird post is STILL the most popular post despite me repeatedly visiting other posts. I swear your blogger is broken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Navi, that post annoys me to no end, and here is why: I think/suspect, and perhaps I am being paranoid (which I often am) that a previous guild-mate spammed that particular post. One 24-hour period when it went top of the charts had an over-abundance of U.S. traffic, so I can't blame the Russian blog-bots. I have been considering taking that post down, because of that, and it's not representative (in my opinion) of some of my other, better, writings. Let's just say I was very suspicious when it happened. Once in a while I will get a random key word search for Big Bird, but that wasn't the case that day: it was something like 155 hits in one day.

    On a slightly related note, the theme of my day today is thinking about all the things I may or may not have said on this blog that may have hurt someone's feelings. If I ever have, to anyone out there, please know if I was being silly or rude, I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!