Sunday, February 19, 2012

Tank clinic.

This feeling won't go away. When it comes to tanking a dungeon, I have begun to dread it like a trip to the dentist or hearing another bad pun on How It's Made. This has been going on for weeks. Luperci is always the last one to get valor points, achievements, or the slice of pizza. And she doesn't like pepperoni.

So, what's a tank to do?

I have a weird extra job on top of my normal job. The ones who decided I should have this role have never put my job description down in writing, which has been beneficial for all parties involved, but does tend to obfuscate directives. In other words, it's tough to tell my bosses something is, point of fact, not my job when it's not written down. Very nebulous.

Now, I'm pretty sure my job as tank is as follows:

1. Hold bad stuff in place
2. Don't let others take aggro, and ergo, keep them alive
3. Move stuff so others can get to it fast and easily. 

But, something is off. Even if I put it all down like that, if a comment is made on what I should or should not be doing as a tank gets a lot of misinformation. Hunters won't misdirect, and shadow priests mind-flay me, healers are cross or overly apologetic. My job is being defined on the fly by those who don't think I'm doing an adequate job. That's my job. And it's a tough job. 

Maybe it's time for my 10,000 mile tank tune-up: I haven't looked at my talent trees since the beginning of Cataclysm, and Ask Mr. Robot only does so much. Now, Lupe looks great, but pretty but dumb girls don't get asked out on a third date. (Second, yes, but not third.) 

So, I'm going to check out this: http://wowpopular.com/Paladin/Protection/Talents

This is my before shot:

This is my after shot:

Tomorrow I'll look at my glyphs, because Lay On Hands is a must. 

Is it just me, or is anyone else a little sad that the talent tree system is changing to be easier? Maybe I'm just a dork, but I kind of like reading the talents, and trying something new. 

If anyone has any protection paladin advice for Senorita Lupe, please: what I really want is a trainer who MOVES and coaches me. Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker has been hanging out in the transept for too long. (Wouldn't that be cool? A virtual coach to walk you through an encounter?)

*Watching the barber pole making one now: those jobs have really been shaved down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!