Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Take it down a notch: Ironskillet Ironman

Well, those Draenei girls have become a tad high-maintenance for me. Time to start with the Ironman Challenge.


Copied/Pasted these rules which were copied/pasted from somwhere:


(Hearing of this is, in point of fact, how I met our Darling Ms. Tome of the Ancient. That's a win-win for us all!)

Get from level 1-85 using the rules below.
Ironman Challenge Rules
1. All gear employed must be White or Grey. Also, no Heirlooms of any sort.
2. No transfer of gear, items or money from any other character (yours or others)
3. No gear enhancement(s), thus no Socket Gems, Enchanting or Reforging. Exceptions exist for class abilities. (example: Rogue poisons)
4. No specializations, talent points, or glyphs. This restriction also applies to talent points for pets.
5. No professions or secondary skills. An exception is made for First Aid.
6. No potions/flasks/elixirs (except those labeled as Quest Items)
7. No food buffs or other external buffs (this includes buffs from items and other players).
8. No grouping or assistance from other characters, even if not grouped.
9. No dungeons/raids. No battlegrounds/arenas.
10. No guilds. An exception is made for Ironman guilds (no perks)
11. No Refer-A- Friend activities. The intention of the challenge is that it be done without assistance.
12. No add-ons that assist in combat (try to challenge yourself and do the most with the least).
13. THE BIG ONE: No deaths. Character death for any reason disqualifies the character.
Permitted:
- All mounts
- All bags/containers
- All quests (including holiday and daily quests)

So, introducing:

Ironskillet, Paladin-in-Training

I was going to try to come up with a twist, but thought to myself, you know, Matty, for once, just follow the damn rules. It's the Dwarf thing to do.


My technical question is this: because I have BOA pets on my account, if she opens up her mail, she will automatically get points for a pet. Is this okay?


And, on whose authority do I ask?


Ironskillet is a tough little nugget. We'll see how she does. 

4 comments:

  1. Ironskillet! I love it! Good luck, Ironwoman!

    and I have BoA pets too. I do not think achievements give XP. Unless I am wrong?

    ~ Effy

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the name Ironskillet and a Dwarf! She just has to make it!

    Ach! Don't be minding about your wee pets, I think most everyone has them.

    Also on one iteration of this Ironman's rules was something about no help from your other characters which I wasn't certain if it meant no bank alt. That would be a deal breaker for me so I have one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, whew, because I can't take them to the Stormwind Pet Rescue. So, I guess the very nature of this is to "live off the land," and by one's own wits. Two qualities I lack in the real world sometimes!

    Already, Tome, I was thinking about you, Skillet running around, punching boars in the snouts, and along comes a priest with generous buffs. Maybe when I get a chance I'll make a level 1 guild called "No Buffs Please." A simple right click took them away, but still, damn you nice people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If there were no other benefit to doing the Ironman, I still think it's worth it to find out there are nice people out there, lol. I had to run and hide to get rid of them for fear they'd see me being ungrateful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!