Sunday, February 26, 2012

Potion of Illusion Files: "B" is for B:ELF

The only one who has turned my bad attitude around about Blood Elf females is Cyrme from Bubbles of Mischief. Her girls don't seem as aloof or bored as many of the others I've encountered. Her screenshots are exquisite, with a keen sense of staging and creative costuming, and her excellent writing make for a top-notch blog. When I go into my California Valley-girl accent (of which I can do a mean one), it is not for the lovely, graceful Blood Elves of Cyrme's world.

That is my sincere disclaimer.

But Cyrme - please understand that I still go to a dark, dark place when I think about Blood Elf females: high school. Anthropomorphically, I am a Draenei: Tall, clunky hooves, and kind of dorky. 

Today, though, for a few moments, I got to see how the other half lives:
"Wut-evah, theeze stoopid guards or wut-evah keep making me do stuff, fer shure...."


Okay, that's uncalled for, but it's for you, M.R. in ninth grade, and you, L.S., yeah, you.



5 comments:

  1. I think Draenei are gorgeously exotic looking. Now I have this image of RL Matty being a sexy exotic visitor who sticks thier butt out and walks on high heel hoofs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, when I created my practice priest before BC came out, I chose a human, just for a change. That priest is now a Draenei.

    Thanks so much for the kind words. My BE makes it very easy to dress up :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Navi - LOL!!! I do "show my rear" from time to time, but that is a colloquialism for "acting like an ass!" I am far from exotic, but definitely have a set of imaginary horns. And if I wore heels to work I would scare a lot of folks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I don't think I've had a BE past level ten, they always talk so mean to me. I never thought of that I wonder if we subconsciously pick races we think are like us for our first character. Or maybe pick what we think is our opposite.

    I wanted my first to be an Orc so I'm not sure what that says!

    And now I cannot get this image out of my mind!! "RL Matty being a sexy exotic visitor who sticks thier butt out and walks on high heel hoofs."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!